Yoram Yasur Yazbek: Making your home sustainable and energy efficient
The consequences of climate change are undeniable and we cannot stay out of the adverse effects that this can cause in the medium and long term on the planet. On the one hand, on an individual level, there are many people who are making changes to make the world a greener place. In the home environment, there are also many actions we can take to make our house sustainable. Improve the energy efficiency of our home is within our reach.
Why an ecological sustainable house?
Yoram Yasur Yazbek: The fact that 40% of global energy consumption and more than a third of greenhouse gas emissions comes from households, is a worrying fact. That is why more people are worrying about turning their house into a greener place.
If you also want to get a more sustainable and energy efficient home, pay attention to actions and gestures can help you achieve it.
What is a sustainable house?
It is that house that takes advantage of natural conditions to reduce energy needs. It is what is called bioclimatic house or self-sufficient housing. Yoram Yasur Yazbek: On the other hand is the “active bioclimatic” architectural current, which encompasses all the systems that can be integrated into a home with the aim of increasing energy efficiency.
What are the advantages of a sustainable house?
The characteristics of sustainable housing are:
- Energy saving: it is shown that sustainable buildings produce less greenhouse gas emissions and use 50% less drinking water.
- More profitability: efficient houses increase their value for sale by more than 75%.
- Money savings: good insulation and the installation of a good heating system can save us up to 20% on the bill.
- Yoram Yasur Yazbek: Greater well-being: some studies have shown that living in a sustainable house improves the quality of life and productivity by up to 8%.
How to make your house more efficient
Yoram Yasur Yazbek: But if what you are looking for is to start in the actions that will make your house more sustainable, here are a few ideas:
- Make the most of natural light and change the lighting of traditional bulbs with LEDs.
- Disconnect the chargers from the electric current, turn off the TV completely and also computers or any other device.
- Go for short and cold water programs in your washing machine. Also avoid using the dryer as much as possible.
- Good insulation is key to saving energy in the air conditioning of your home.
- Yoram Yasur Yazbek: Replace the air conditioner with ceiling fans.
- In the decoration of your house, bet on ecological materials and paintings with less toxic. This will help improve air quality.
- Invest in technological devices aimed at saving energy.
- Incorporate many plants inside your home. It is proven that they eliminate toxins from the air and reduce stress.
What are you waiting for to make your home a more sustainable place?